Another questionnaire [for SP10]...and alot of the same answers as the last one...
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I generally use natural yarns (wool/alpaca/silk/cashmerino); I have never really knit with anything heavier than aran-weight and have never used synthetic yarn before, so I'm not sure how I feel about those...
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle roll for all of my straight bamboo needles, and a second needle roll for my dpn's and circulars.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for about a year - my mum was visiting from Scotland and she was kind enough to teach me, once we found out my sister was expecting her first baby. Since then, I've studied lots of books and figured out lots of different techniques. I haven't quite gotten around to figuring out cables or anything complicated like that so I'd say I'm intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
I love lavender & vanilla together, anything that's fresh and summery...
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Chocolate is always nice...
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I am trained as a mosaicist, so I love to design and create mosaics. I also love to sew, create my own stationary, take pictures (although *J* is the photographer of the family)...anything creative. I don't spin, but I'd like to learn at some point.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
*J* is the one who updates my ipod and itunes regularly, so I listen to whatever he puts on there - I like all kinds of music.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Right now, I'm in love with very textural charcoal greys, blacks, different shades of white and cream, red...I'm just not a fan of anything 'neon'.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
*J* and I just got married in June and we have three pets; a beagle puppy, a fat cat and a bunny.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Hmmm...I used to!! Now that we're in California, there's not much use for mittens, scarves and hats...they will come in handy for trips home (mittens, especially...I don't think I have a complete matching pair!)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love knitting baby clothes (especially kimono-style) as they are small enough to finish quite quickly and are perfect for learning new techniques. I think it's about time that I knit something adult-sized though...
13. What are you knitting right now?
A tote bag for thisswap.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
It's lovely to receive something handmade - so personal and thoughtful.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I mostly use straight bamboos, but just recently tried out aluminum circulars...it's taking a while to get used to them...
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Both - although *J* uses it more than I do - yes, he winds all of my yarn for me. His other fascination is our new vaccum - he loves vaccuming, it's great!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don't have one - before the move I ripped all of the unfinished projects that I had lying around and *J* took care of the rest! [see question 16]
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I love Christmas - yummy food, time with family, wrapping presents, all nice + cozy while it's snowing outside - and it has become even more exciting now that we have a niece and two baby nephews to spoil!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Pretty japanese papers, fabrics and ceramics.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have lots of books, but no magazine subscriptions...I've been thinking about trying to make a pair of simple socks, but I can't find a pattern that has a *nice* heel. And I don't have any sock yarn to make them with yet.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Simple cables and lacework.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
See question 20. Small feet (size 5).
23. When is your birthday?